This Week in Filmmaking - First NEX-5N Review & Transcend Recall
- Another Nikon day on September 23rd and 24th. DSLRs finally? [NikonRumors]
- Transcend is recalling some of its Class 10 16 GB SDHC cards. Check your serial numbers at CheesyCam to see if you’re affected.
- EOSHD reviews the Sony NEX-5N and posts sample video. “There is absolutely no doubt that Sony have produced a dark horse here, at this price and position in the range.”
- The translucent mirror in the A77 negatively affects picture quality? [SonyAlphaRumors]
- Sony is developing three new fullframe cameras for 2012. All will be mirrorless, and could have a new 36 MP sensor. [SonyAlphaRumors]
- Canon to release a new EF mount video camera in October. Will have APS-C sensor. [CanonRumors]
- Cinema5D reviews JAG35’s new $500 electronic follow focus. The verdict: great price, works decently, but very noisy and has some big flaws.
- Attach lenses, microphones, and a tripod mount to an iPad 2 with this neat gadget for better-looking video. (But if you’re serious about video, get an actual video camera. The iPad’s camera is crap.)